Thursday, May 10, 2012

Inspiration

While I was working on a small speech I was going to give on behalf of all the neglected animals of the world, I looked down and saw Nicki. I couldn't really think of anything to write, and suddenly when I saw that dog sitting at my feet my head was full of thoughts. He was a survivor, all rescue animals are survivors. None of them deserve to die, they just need to find their place in this world where they can be loved and understood. Nicki was just one of the millions. My hands started typing like mad and I just couldn't stop, there was too much to write, I couldn't fit it all into one speech. The pain they must feel, the hope slipping away each day, but still burning eternally in their souls at the same time. I couldn't take it and a tear escaped my eye just thinking about it. Today's paragraph wasn't about training, it was about Nicki doing something he and other dogs do all the time: Inspiring people. Thanks to Nicki, I understand the world a little better, and the things in it even more. I hope the people whom I am giving the speech to will see the same things I see and understand after hearing the speech that Nicki helped me write.


No comments:

Post a Comment